Director, Platform Marketing (Product Marketing)
ZeroNorth is looking for a creative, customer-focused and results-driven Director of Platform Marketing to establish and build the function. Reporting to the Vice President, Marketing, the Director of Platform Marketing will lead the development of messaging and content that clearly describe the ZeroNorth value proposition to prospects, customers, sales, partners, industry analysts and third-party influencers.
As ZeroNorth’s Director of Platform Marketing, you’ll be responsible for owning deep understanding of our customers and our platform. You’ll have the ability to articulate clear and compelling use cases, and to translate technical detail into clear messaging that drives action. The Director must be comfortable working with a range of people and possess the leadership skills required to champion major initiatives forward.
The Director of Platform Marketing will also champion our go-to-market strategy, partnering closely with product management, sales, sales engineering, customer success and others across the marketing function. You’ll work in lockstep with others on the marketing team to drive top-of-funnel programs, and to accelerate lead>opportunity conversion. In addition, you’ll help to drive a consistent customer marketing program, supporting our retention and expansion goals.
You will also be chartered with developing a comprehensive analyst relations programs, ensuring ZeroNorth is gaining the greatest return from these investments.
Understanding the voice of the customer will be a critical component of this position. As such, the Director of Platform Marketing will also serve as a key conduit of customer, prospect and market feedback to our product management and engineering organizations.
The Director of Platform Marketing must own exceptional written and verbal communication skills. He/she must be comfortable presenting in front of groups and own the capabilities necessary to gain confidence from our sales team. He/she must be comfortable working through ambiguity, and able to apply analytical insight in order to make well-formed decisions.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Platform positioning and messaging
- Competitive and market intelligence, enabling our teams to better understand both the situation today, as well as future direction of the market
- Sales and partner enablement (sales tools, reference guides, etc.)
- Owning “voice of the customer” and returning both customer and market insights to product management and engineering
- Industry analyst relations
- Campaign strategy
- Customer insight – use cases, personas, buying triggers, purchase processes, pain points, market dynamics
- Launch planning and oversight
- Represent ZeroNorth with customers, prospects and analysts, at events, 1:1 engagements and briefings
- 10 years or more of product marketing and/or product management experience
- Cybersecurity experience, ideally in the application security and/or vulnerability management space
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Team player, willing to roll-up-your-sleeves and lead – and, often, both
- Proven ability to translate technical information into value-oriented messaging
- Experience in an early stage company preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25%
If you are interested in this position, please fill in the form below.