Rapid Application Security
Is Security Falling Behind?
Today, virtually every business in the world relies on software to stay competitive. As companies race to release products and services, they are also relying on rapid application development cycles to keep up. As more software is brought to market, application vulnerabilities continue to escalate. And security, as always, struggles to keep pace.
Businesses need to find ways to integrate security tools into their existing environments without impacting the speed of business, while also trying to manage ongoing risk.
This is a major challenge for organizations with immature or resource-stretched application security (AppSec) programs, as they lack the coordinated visibility to execute consistent, comprehensive security scans across all layers of their software development lifecycle (SDLC) to protect themselves.
We have an answer. The ZeroNorth solution for rapid AppSec delivers key capabilities that allow customers to jump-start and accelerate critical security initiatives, specifically free-to-use scan tools—SCA, SAST, DAST, container and cloud management—to enable security across both the development and operational phases of the development lifecycle.
ZeroNorth’s unified platform for executing and managing security, while also uncovering vulnerabilities through the scanning process, reduces the management burden and eliminates the need to manually evaluate, deploy and manage a host of disparate scanning and testing tools. This means time-strapped security teams can refocus their efforts and skills on more business-critical priorities, while rapidly scaling the security of new applications and infrastructure.
Key benefits of the ZeroNorth solution include:
- An integrated platform to centrally manage and execute all application security scans, while addressing remediation
- The ability to identify vulnerabilities and prioritize risk across applications and infrastructure
- A comprehensive set of open source security scanning tools to jump-start or expand application security programs including:
- SCA for open source components
- SAST for developers’ code
- Container scanning for container misconfigurations and vulnerabilities
- DAST for vulnerabilities within deployed software
- Cloud management scanning to validate security of applications deployed across AWS environments
ZeroNorth Solution for Rapid Application Security
- OWASP Dependency Check (DepCheck), delivering SCA scanning capabilities to identify known vulnerabilities across open source components
- Bandit, Brakeman and SonarQube offers SAST capabilities to uncover known vulnerabilities within developers’ code
- Aqua, Clair and docker content trust, enabling customers to identify misconfigurations within containers and software vulnerabilities within the container itself
- OWASP Zap, providing DAST scanning for deployed web applications
- Prowler, providing the ability to identify misconfigured, or otherwise vulnerable assets within your cloud infrastructure