Patent Filings Related to Vulnerability Management and AppSec Risk Support the Goal of Enabling Customers’ Progress Toward True DevSecOps
Boston, August 17, 2021 –– ZeroNorth, the only company to unite security, DevOps and the business for the good of software, today announced a series of milestones the company achieved in the first half of 2021, including the filing of two patents related to application security (AppSec) and vulnerability management. These milestones underscore the increased importance of AppSec as organizations of all sizes work to bolster their security postures.
Key milestones achieved in the first half of the year include:
- Patent filing – Normalization, Compression, and Correlation of Vulnerabilities: Customers assessing AppSec are challenged with managing multiple artifacts (e.g., source code, containers), artifact types, scan tools and security issues uncovered via security scanning. ZeroNorth’s capability enables organizations to normalize, compress, and track these many potentially large sets of issues to make them both manageable and actionable by distilling them to the smallest set of non-duplicate, relevant issues to remediate.
- Patent filing – Application Security Posture Identifier: Applications do not run in a vacuum; they are hosted on computing infrastructure that must be known and understood. To help customers gain a complete view of AppSec posture, this invention provides a mechanism to correlate applications to the infrastructure they run on. For an asset owner, this would make it possible to have a more complete view of risk within an application, as well as the infrastructure the application runs on.
“DevSecOps is complex because it centers on integrating security throughout the software development lifecycle, and using a wide set of security scanning tools to gain a clear picture of risk,” said John Worrall, CEO at ZeroNorth. “Through the innovation we are delivering, ZeroNorth is making it much easier for customers to drive toward true DevSecOps and greatly decrease AppSec risk.”
Beyond the recent patent filings, other important milestones the company achieved in the first part of 2021 include:
- Advanced AppSec Risk Analytics: Using vulnerability data analyzed by the ZeroNorth DevSecOps platform, Advanced AppSec Risk Analytics delivers a single source of truth on the overall risk and health of an organization’s application security program.
- Rapid Integration Connector: With this new capability from ZeroNorth, customers can easily integrate data from a wide range of application security (AppSec) tools into the ZeroNorth DevSecOps platform. With its Rapid Integration Connector, ZeroNorth is delivering support for new AppSec scan tools in less than a day.
- Global InfoSec Awards: At RSA Conference 2021, ZeroNorth was named “Hot Company in DevSecOps” and “Cutting Edge in Application Security” as part of Cyber Defense Magazine’s 9th annual Global InfoSec Awards.
In addition, last week ZeroNorth announced availability of the DevSecOps for Dummies, ZeroNorth Special Edition book by Wiley publishing. The book informs enterprise organizations on the evolution of DevSecOps, an essential approach to modern software development and delivery, and explains why security is essential in that mix. This new book follows the release of new research earlier this year – summarized in a report entitled “The Journey to True DevSecOps” – which details the state and outlook for building governance models that enable more secure software development.
ZeroNorth brings security, DevOps and the business together to improve application security performance and reduce organizational risk. The company’s DevSecOps platform enables organizations to automate and orchestrate key components of their application security program, and to rapidly identify, prioritize and remove the vulnerabilities standing in the way of software excellence. In an age where the security of applications needs to be everyone’s responsibility, ZeroNorth is where organizations come together for the good of software. Learn more at www.zeronorth.io